Friday, July 9, 2010

I Want My Life Back!


*photo by Vandi

If you've moved then you know what stage of the move prompts a title such as mine is today. There's a lot of adjusting that needs to be done that makes me feel that I just want my life back. It isn't that nothing is familiar but its a bit of a culture shock moving back to Canada. It isn't the same Canada we left 13 years ago either. In fact, I had my first grocery trip last Sunday and it took a while to get over the SHOCK! Granted, we had to start from scratch but I didn't expect it to come to as much as it did.

Recently, I passed on a word of advice I received years ago about moving. The advice was to "take your heart with you". I thought I did but not I'm not so sure. I think I'm just stressed, overwhelmed and over-tired to be quite honest with you. Please bear with me as I blog for some sanity and to maintain my composure.

If you've been reading for a while then you know how important my relationship is with my daughter. It's the part of moving I hate. The relationship suffers as we don't have near the quality time we used to have. It's at a bare minimum and it stops now! I don't care what I don't get done, time with both my husband and daughter are vital and I'm not going to be so overwhelmed that I let that go. I don't care if I get fired either.

Nonetheless, if you've made it through my post today then I do thank you for bearing with me. It is as I said, I'm blogging to maintain my sanity so what I write is what I need to write. I just don't mind sharing with you in case you ever have a move to make in the near future. It usually happens even when you don't expect it. To think that I said I would "never move back to Canada" about a year ago. Never saw that one coming either. :) Ironic isn't it?

6 comments:

  1. One thing I've learned is NEVER say never!!! God will lead and guide you through this transition and that's what it is a transition. Life is never static.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is overwhelming with moving, especially with a move that is far away. Lots of details to do, closure of things, opening of other things. And you are right, things change when you are gone that long, just as you have changed. There will be a period of adjustment, but hopefully sooner than later it will all come together and Canada will feel like "home" again. In the meantime, take some time off this weekend just to enjoy being with your family. Boxes can wait, chores can wait, errands can wait. Just relax if you can!!

    LOL about never moving back to Canada. Said that about California and I've been back twice since I said it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, moving is a hassle but in the end is so worth it. I am confused...you say " if I get fired"...are you working??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your poor thing. I cannot imagine the stress of it. Have never moved in all my years of marriage. I do remember though as a child saying that I did not want to have boys. Now I have four. It seems whenever I make those grand sweeping statements God in heaven laughs. I pray things improve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving is VERY highly overrated IMO!! ((( hugs ))) However, you've been missing a lot if you haven't been living in Canada! ;) Are the prices scaring you??!! It's a time of adjustment so just cut yourself some slack and things will begin to come together. Lotsa hugs for you! D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to see if you are home and settled in. I hate moving..... Thanks for the sweet words and prayers. They are very needed. Mother cannot remember from one morning to the next that dad has died and I have to relive it with her each morning. We both cry and she wants to know when the funeral will be held, forgetting that we have already had that and buried him. Then she cries again...... Pray for peace for her mind........

    I hope to get back into the blog world soon..

    Love ya !

    ReplyDelete