*photo by Christart.comI'm thankful that there are times when I can take rest-from-running days. I'm training for a 1/2 Marathon in June so I welcome those days. My rest of choice is to walk. During that hour, there's plenty to think about. Yesterday, I was thinking I might like to shut it down a little earlier. I was ready to finish my lap when I passed one of the "regulars". As I passed by, I took my earphones out because I thought he wanted to say something. Indeed he did. "STEADY ON!" Needless to say, I finished my walk all the way through after that.
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, Steady means: " direct or sure in movement" "not easily disturbed or upset" and "constant in feeling, principle, purpose or attachment".
Don't you love those definitions? Taking it one step further, isn't that an ideal way to live our lives?
There are so many parallels between running and living your life. This is one of my favorites. Sometimes we grow weary with the cares of this life. They bombard us and we would like to rest-from-running. When it gets to be too much and we've lost sight of our goals, STEADY ON! Just these two words will have an impact on your day if you think about them. Think about them when you're being chewed out by your boss. Think about them when your children are in their training for the MMA. Okay, not really but it might seem like that. Think about it when you've done all you can do for the week to lose a little weight and the scale rewards you with a gain. The opportunities are endless. STEADY ON!!!!
Thank you.....keeping on keeping on!
ReplyDeleteI love that "steady on"! Don't hear those words much but they'd really be encouraging when you're running. I miss running! Such hard work but the high after is so amazing. KOKO!
ReplyDeleteI like your posts girl!
D
Steady On!... I like that saying :-)
ReplyDeleteLook towards the goal of our high calling in Christ Jesus
Take care and have a great day :-)
~Ron
******
I think it is awesome what you are training for!! Keep up the good work with it!!
ReplyDeleteI do like that "steady on"; I'm going to remember that in the days to come!!
betty
I used to be a runner... would love to start again..... but need to walk first..... Just like being born again....... at first we need to walk and then HE teaches us to run........
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend girl.....
Oh that is great...steady on!!
ReplyDeleteThat one's a winner! We can easily fall and lose a lot of ground, but if we can do nothing else but hang on, we won't lose what we've already gained. Great post!
ReplyDeleteI love that - I just wrote it on a post it and stuck it to my desk!
ReplyDeleteLove to you
Kelly
I've Become My Mother
Kelly's Ideas
Amazing Salvation