
*Photo by Christart.com
I don't know Sarah Palin personally but personally, I like the woman. I won't put her on a pedestal though because that wouldn't be fair. It wouldn't be right either. I'm convinced she'd be the first to tell you not to do that too. From all the interviews I've seen, I'm convinced she's the real deal. I find her to be sharp and witty but I also sense a deep level of commitment to the Lord. I could be wrong but I don't think so this time. I believe people forget that she's a real person with some of the same thoughts, feelings and fears we all get from time to time. She is a child, a wife and a mother and all in that order I believe. Child as in child of God, wife to her husband and mother to her children. Then she is a politician and I must say I respect that.
I was disappointed by the amount of stone throwing that has taken place. There are some who are totally unaware their claws are showing but showing they are. Envy and jealousy are ugly and cause folks to do some very ugly things. I'm disappointed that Levi trashes his son's grandmother and apparently oblivious to the fact that babies grow up and learn to read. They also learn to discern for themselves and doesn't it say somewhere that it's better to be thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and prove it. Note to Levi: Zip it!
How is it that some folks can say Mrs. Palin is an idiot and then not know why it is they say that? Me thinks these same folks suffer from foot-in-mouth disease. All in all, if you ask me, this latest ball pass looks vaguely similar to a UFC fight at the end of the first round. Both fighters retreat to their corners and come back fighting. However, after they've had time to regroup, they come out fighting harder and more focused. They are also more determined than ever to win. I'll tell you what. If she comes back to run in 2012, she will definitely have my vote. I believe she will also fight for my rights to free speech too. I'm not called to be a Sarah Palin. I am called to encourage. If, on the off chance, she ever gets a chance to read this, I hope she is encouraged by it. I hope you are too.
Denise,
ReplyDeleteWe are all human and we all make mistakes. Name calling is why I don't get involved much in politics. No one should be calling her or any other politician names...that is juvenile. We have the same situation up here with the name calling and dirt throwing. It irritates me and makes me crazy. I'm always glad when the elections are over.
Glad your daughter and husband took you out to the movies, even though it was something that you didn't care to see. It is being together that counts. The boys have lots of time alone with me and it was nice for them to get out with grandpa one-on-one. They had a blast.
Hope you have a great day.
Blessings,
Mary
She is filled with the spirit of God and the spirit of God always causes a reaction... The evil of these days were confronted by a voice that could not be hushed...... I love her spirit and commitment to her family and to God. Others forget like you said that she is a woman and mother and wife first and her decision are still free for her to make. I wonder with the current president if we will have that freedom much longer....... We are living in a day that we NEED more like her and come November 2010 we need to rise up and take back congress and the house and stop this madness......
ReplyDeleteHave a great day girl !
Only God knows a heart...and I sure have enough issues with my own to take up most of my time. I know that in Christ alone do we have hope for our nation. I also know that we need public servants to help run this country...and I do pray that God rise up godly men and women to do so. And if He does we can be sure the enemy will pour it on thick!
ReplyDeleteI do pray she has a close relationship with our Lord. How cool to have a sister who is sold out to our King....serving Him in the highest office of the land.
ReplyDeleteI know there have been horrible things said about her....judge not....and one day all those people will realize why our maker said that.
Till then...we just need to keep praying for those in power.
You always encourage me sweetie, thanks. The blogger get together is October 23-24 in Sneads Florida.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about Sarah, I think she has been treated badly buy the media but I think many people feel as we do. We could use more like her in our goverment!! We are called to be witnesses not lawyers or judges.
ReplyDeleteI came over from Denise's because of your name (I always check out sewing and quilting blogs) not much time right now but I wanted to say Amen and go Girl. You and Sarah LOL. Let's keep her and our nation in our prayers. I am glad I came by I'll be back.
ReplyDeleteHave a Blessed Sunday,
Sherry
BTW what do you sew?