
*photo by Christart.com
I've heard the word "carnal" since ever I became a "Christian". I looked up the definition today and for the first time. If memory serves me correctly that is. It's a nasty definition if you ask me but I'll let you judge it for yourself. If you haven't ever looked it up, now might be a good time. :)
Don't you hate it when Christians aren't very nice? I do. I can't stand it. There's only one thing worse than when a Christian isn't very nice and that's when I'm not very nice. I can't stand to be around me when I get "carnal" let alone expect anyone else to stand me either. I can get nasty if you push me hard enough. I'll tell you what. I do have a temper. I've had a temper all my life but I matured and learned to control it. Every once in a while though, I do explode but it's only because I've been deeply hurt. By deeply, I mean deeply. When you see me fly off the handle, then know this, you've hurt me. You really have.
If that's not enough, it's the remorse I feel afterward that really gets to me. I can almost feel the Lord's tears and it breaks my heart to know that I have broken His. He didn't raise me to be this way. Rather, I'm convinced He'd have me bring my hurt to Him then come apart at the seams like I do. On occasion, mind you, nonetheless, I do. (I could use a really good editor here.) By now, you've probably figured it out that I'm going through a relationship meltdown. Oh, not my husband, I promise you that. He's been an amazing support to me. Nonetheless, it is affecting me. I could bring it all here but that wouldn't be very "Christian" of me. I've had to let this one go because it's something only the Lord can fix. It hasn't been for lack of my trying though. Okay, trying or interfering? I'm not sure which.
What gets to me is the condemnation and guilt that follows a blow-up. The constant oppression with the affirmations/reminders of how less than Christ-like I am. Isn't it nice that there are folks out there that don't hesitate to point out your shortcomings, flaws, blunders, etc. lest you forget. :) I thought it took two to forgive, forget and move on. It's difficult when one wants to harbor a grudge and the other wants things to be like they once were but with a renewed understanding that there are boundaries just the same. Sometimes, somedays I don't like people. I'm being honest. I really don't. Most days I do, thankfully. Some people make me so mad I could just spit. I'm sure that none of you have ever felt this way. :)
Oh that's so true, Denise! Grrrr. I rarely get angry but I do get annoyed.
ReplyDeleteI noticed in two people today that their tone of voice was very condescending and mean. It wasn't their words per se, but their tone. I wondered if they realized it...
Here is my reply re: Canadian Health Care:
We don't pay premiums. Adults have to pay for their eye exams ($60-$80) but kids & seniors are covered. There are charges for things like dr's letters (my doc doesn't charge, neither does he charge for script renewals etc. - but some docs do -- mom's does).
I'm not sure how to gauge our taxes in comparison to other countries. I wonder if there's something online that would say?
D
PS Oh and every province covers differently -- we are in Ontario. Our health coverage covers us all over the country though.
1:14 PM
OK spiting here...he he...sometimes I wish I were I was alone on an island...yeah....just for a day or two...the ones you love can sure hurt you...
ReplyDeleteThank you for continuing to keep up with me. We are getting down the end. I am already 3 1/2 cm and have been having contractions for over a week. We hope that he will make his appearance this coming week. Please keep us in prayer.
ReplyDeletewith blessing and thanks,
Minister Mamie
Oh how I hate when the flesh wants to rise and have it's way! Happens to us all and that is the time to just ask for forgiveness and not let it take root....... That is how we grow.....
ReplyDeleteHe so loves us and will teach us as we slip and fall but always get up!
I love your honest heart, bless you my friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your heart here dear one. Appreciated!
ReplyDelete