Sunday, September 6, 2009

Just Be!


It's way too easy to get caught and/or snared into the traps laid out before us. The lists of should have, could have and ought to have can seem somewhat endless if we let them. Oh and don't kid yourself, you and I, let them. I realize I have taken the liberty by including you here but if the truth be told, would you agree?

Does any of the following sound familiar to you? "I need to pray more." "I should really spend more time in the Word if I know what's good for me." "I should let go and let God." "It's my ministry to (fill in the blank)." "I've been called to (again, fill in the blank)." "My personality is such that it (fill in the blank)." "I'm keeping a thank-you list." "I'm not doing enough (fill in the blank)." "If only I spent more time thinking of the Lord." "If I would start my day worshipping at His feet more than I do." "I need to intercede for others more." Is it any wonder we get stressed? It's not "all good!". It's all works!!!!

I believe that when we live for the Lord there is no "have to". It's "I get to" and "I want to". No stress there. When it comes to sincere fellowship with Him, it will be a natural flow and not something that has to be conjured up. When Jesus is Lord, we don't bombard Him with our demands; we ask of Him with humble and trusting hearts. Faith comes by hearing (not striving) and hearing by the Word of God (not a policy but words from His heart to ours). There is no contract with God; only relationship. There are no methods with God, only trust and obedience (out of love for and not obligation to). I'm convinced if I ever felt obligated to the Lord then I would have missed the whole meaning of His Grace. He is God, no question. He could turn me to stone if He wants to but He doesn't want to. He died because of His great love for us. He rose again because of His great love for us. He loves me. He loves you and love doesn't demand. Love IS! Just BE His child and love Him with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. No stress there!






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful lesson in your post today. Hope you are enjoying the long weekend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lesson and one I needed. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be. Love it! I am full of "I shoulds," and "I coulds." But, am working on changing this and trying to just be.

    Love the bird in the picture!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, "Just Be". A great reminder for me. God bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preach it sister!! great post:) We do need to just be ourselves and talk with Him yes?

    ReplyDelete