"Heart knots" is a term I was never familiar with. So when I heard it for the first time, I was impressed. Like a punchline to a joke, so is this term to a recent discussion with my Blue Tiger at our local Science Center.
I don't recall how the conversation started but one thing led to another and the next thing we're discussing is the Lord and how He works in someone's heart. This particular "heart" seemed to be somewhat damaged by an earlier childhood memory and caused a knot in same person's heart. Just as you get knots in your muscles that a massage therapist works out, bit by bit, so one can develop heart knots.
It takes time for the Lord to work them out of the heart and sometimes the process isn't the easiest or most pain-free. However, eventually and in His time, the knots are worked out. Let me tell you what. As I continued to listen to my Blue Tiger, I was encouraged. I knew there were heart knots in certain peoples hearts and I also knew I had my own heart knots that needed to be worked on. How cool is that?!! These and many more conversations like them I enjoy having with my Blue Tiger and sharing them with you.
What a great and encouarging post! I love it, "heart knots." So very unique. Dear one, I appreciate your comments to me, you are such an encouargement, thank you. I just look forward to not having the responsibilit of work these next few days. Not saying that I do not enjoy my job, but just not to have any responsibility. Blessings for you and yours.
ReplyDeleteCan't remember your e-mail...e-mail me at google so I will have it. Thanks for inquiring about me!
ReplyDeleteOh my yes..... I am 62 and still have "heart Knots" It it takes time and HE is very patient as we work together to loose those knots. Thanks for the sweet comment and inquiring of me. I am weary to the point of exhaustion but the Lord will always sustain me. We are at critical mass out here and things with Dad (you understand what I mean) is so much worse. I am going to confront him soon.
ReplyDeleteHugs
I love this "heart knots"...I have them too...the Lord is slowly massaging them out...
ReplyDeleteI have never heard that term, but it certainly fits to those type situations. None of us are unscared but all of us are healed if we but will submit to the therapy of Him who is the solution to all.
ReplyDeleteSusan
Very inspiring, bless you. My email address is shortybear63@bellsouth.net I love you.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine there is a Christian alive who has not had a knot or two.....or three :)
ReplyDeleteSo of course I have had some worked out...and I am sure that there will be some that will come as I knock my way around in this world. What we can rest in..as you said....He will always be there to work them out if we let Him.
Great post.
Hope you are enjoying your weeks and getting lots of time with God and family.
I've never heard of "heart knots" but they make sense. I think it will be a new phrase in my vocabulary! ;) D
ReplyDelete