I don't know what else to call it. I'm even somewhat embarrassed to tell you what happened but I don't know if this has happened to you so maybe telling you might save you a little grief too.
I'm talking about Creation vs Evolution. Growing up, we were taught that you didn't question anything. You were taught the way it was and leave your opinions to yourself. So I always thought that Earth existed billions of years. Imagine my overwhelming surprise/shock to discover I was taught wrong.
It was just this year with the curriculum we've been studying from that I realized things just didn't add up. With all the new facts and evidence, clearly I have come to know the truth. I knew in the back of my mind that we didn't evolve from apes or pond scum because I always thought that was ridiculous but never really knew why back then. Now I know! There's even a Creation Museum we'll be visiting as soon as we can too. Can I tell you that the word "Apologetic" always through me off? I should have asked because I found it it had nothing to do with apologies but should have. :)
What bothers me the most is that most Christians aren't aware how they've been bombarded by false teaching (aka public school). Is it public education or hidden agenda? The jury is still out on that one. It should be taught more in the churches but perhaps not even the pastors are aware of how they've been scammed. Nonetheless, I know better now but just can't shake this feeling that I've was ripped off in my education. It feels a lot like how I felt when I was told there was no Santa. You know what I mean? Duped might be an understatement here.
It is so sad that so much truth is not taught in so many Churches. This is true on many issues, not get the false teaching of evolution. Glad you now know the truth. It is that Truth that always sets of free. We've never been to the museum you speak of but am very aware of it. It will be a wonderful experience for all your family.
ReplyDeleteSusan
Sorry sweetie. By the way, I won game night.
ReplyDeleteI remember being slightly angry that I had been duped. And still when the anchor of the evening news speaks of the earth in terms of billions of years as if it were fact it bugs me a little! My sons know differently but it is sad that so many have been deceived by this HUGE lie! Answers in Genesis is so wonderful in refuting this lie and defending the truths of the Bible!
ReplyDeleteGuess who?
ReplyDeleteI have a little surprise for you on my blog and a GREAT BIG BUNCH OF BLOGGING BUDDY ♥
http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com
Each summer when we do our camps Dad spends the first day or so using flannel graphs to retell the true story. Although many of the children are private school students or home school students...we still see children that do not know the truth.
ReplyDeleteYes, it should be taught more in the church...maybe starting at the "in the beginning" is not such a bad place to start. :)
We got to visit a great creation museum this summer. But I will say this....even in the body of Christ there is disagreement over how old the world is. And there is reasonable argument for both sides. But the only thing that is of utmost importance is the fact that we agree on the fact that HE spoke and it was.
I have made it a habit of correcting what we hear on t.v. with Julia and Michael since they were little ones.
Don't feel bad.....the truth about the power of the blood is the biggest thing to have correct....and you have that truth down pat. :)