
I'm sure there's been many conversations by the water coolers across this country on Health Care. I've chosen to go a different route. I'm taking the Body Care route instead. The changes won't happen overnight but they will happen. I'm not trusting my body to the "professionals" any more; they've let me down countless times. I'm trusting my body to it's Creator. Folks are too quick to run for a prescription yet do little to change their lifestyle. It's not working!
Call me old-fashioned, fuddy-duddy, stick-in-the-mud, I really don't care. I'm taking steps now to take better care of me so I don't have to rely on what I believe to be a corrupt medical system. It's time I got pro-active and started treating this body with the care and respect it deserves. What this means is healthy-eating, balanced exercise, Phillipians 4:8 thoughts and living to please God and not people. Now, if you don't believe in God, my heart goes out to you because you just won't get it. It will be beyond your reach but the way I see it, IF I'm going to be healthy and whole, then I need to look to the Great Physician to heal me, ask Him for HIS wisdom (not man's) and take the path for healing He lays out for me.
I believe eating according to George Mateljan's "World's Healthiest Foods", taking infoceuticals from Nutri-Energetics and getting proper rest, relaxation and work (aka balanced lifestyle) is God's prescription for me. Besides, why would I want to pay for some prescription with the risk of death (side-effect). This just seems ludicrous to me. Hey! someone out there is getting richer by the prescription I suppose.
Amen........ I started that back in the late summer.... I bought a juicer and I drink fresh carrot-apple-grape-orange juice every day. I am experimenting with different things and have found that celery and apples make a wonderful juice........ Quit the sugar and the bread and no red meat..... Now I need to start walking or something.....
ReplyDeletegood for you and I so agree..... I am almost 63 and there is coming a day very soon that they will not treat me due to my age.... We are moving into a very very dark time for our country........ Lets all PRAY...
I long ago had to go this route when conventional medicine was turning me into a narcotic addict. Started eating mostly raw fruits and veggies...juicing for extra nutrition...voila..no meds AND no pain! He is the great physician; and we do not tend to eat to feed our bodies but feed our appetites. Amazing how healthy one can be when one eats the Maker's food in its original form!
ReplyDeleteI know I need to take better care of this vessel that carries our Lord around.
ReplyDeleteI also know that we serve the great physcian. And I do fully believe that He still heals today. Now that I have someone so close who has cancer that only God can heal...I know He is the only one who offers hope.
We can not depend on man...although I do feel that God has given the wisdom to men to fix some illnesses.
I continue to pray for my friend....I pray that God heals her here on earth rather than taking her to heaven to bring that healing about.
She has taken care of her body. She is the one who started me exercising and thinking about what I put into my body. I know that God allows some things to bring a greater glory to His name. As the days go by I seek to understand that better.
Great post- this health care thing is crazy. I am in complete agreement with you.
ReplyDeleteLove to you
Kelly
An awesome post, my friend. I agree with you. It's better to rely on the Great Physician for healing.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well with you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving.
Blessings,
Mary
Happy Thanksgiving sweet sister
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Thanksgiving tomorrow...where did you find out about this book...his website looks interesting...thanks
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete