Sunday, February 14, 2010

Travelling at the speed of....LOVE!


*photo by Christart.com

Now that I have my title, I'm not 100% certain what I'm going to do with it. I thought I would start with sharing my heart and go from there.

I went to Costco yesterday and was not pleased with what happened at the check-out. Three co-workers were there carrying on a conversation with each other in Spanish in front of me, the customer. I found that very rude and I would find it just as rude if it were in English. Perhaps, it might have been the training I received from some excellent managers that still influences me today. My managers would never stand for that. Of course, that was a few years ago but I'm believing there are still some excellent managers out there. Anyhow, I couldn't let it slide. I brought it to the attention of the floor supervisor and left it up to them. I'm not sure if they will say anything. I just know I felt good that I did. There really is no need for that. If you don't believe me that one customer doesn't really matter, tell that to the big corporations that have gone under from not paying enough attention to their customers and you will know what I mean. Guaranteed, if I find something in service that is not satisfactory, I let management know.

The opposite is true too. Whenever I encounter excellent service, I call as high up as I can. I start with the manager. Oh wait a minute. Am I supposed to be saying Manage-person. :) hahah
My husband has started doing the same. When you take the time to compliment a business on their excellent service whenever you encounter it, news of it travels at the speed of love. The one who gets the endorsement is encouraged to do even more. I must caution you though. When you call, the Manager is poised to hear a complaint. I think they are somewhat shocked that the reason for your phone call or calling the manager over to your table is a kindness and not a complaint. Please don't take it for granted when your casher is friendly and personable. Take the time to venture to the Customer Service and ask to speak to the Manager. It will be so worth it for all involved. Let's start a revolution here and who knows, maybe the Human Resources will be encouraged to do better screening of their personnel.

4 comments:

  1. Customer service really isn't what it used to be...that's for sure! I know exactly how you feel!

    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Come and view my note to you...
    http://theredheadriter.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-spy-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day sweet friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post is so very true. I was talking to an appointment setter with Best Buy's geek squad - the setter was very polite - very respectful - very helpful.. I asked him if I could speak to his supervisor - he asked me if there was something that he could have done better - I said "no" I just want to tell your supervisor how incredible your service was to me today - the poor setter was so shocked and speechless - the manager comes on the phone very cautious in tone - I think he was readying himself for some complaining and I said I just wanted to tell you how professional and helpful the appointment setter was and I am glad I hired your service - I would feel the tension and stress leave the manager - and a breath of relief came through the lines...
    Giving love in the little things like this - go a long way... I could not agree with you more.
    Love to you as always.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete