
*photo by Christart.com
"Life is a journey" Selah! (Pause and calmly think of that.) It's not a race nor is it a marathon. It's a journey. It's an adventure of varying degrees. The paths in life are twisted and they turn at the most inconvenient times at times. Oh, but if it was anything less and if all the ins were in and outs were outs, it wouldn't be life now would it?
There is a place that we all travel to from time to time. Some of us more than others but at least once in our lives, we all come to that place. It is the "Valley of Decision". I'm sure if you've been there then a flood of emotions from recall will rise to the surface. My husband and I are at that place and it's a place that is familiar. Very familiar. It's the "Do you?/Will you? trust Me" place. Do we? Will we? Sometimes I'm not so sure on the "Do" but the "Will" is definitely there!
I've lost track of all the options and so I call out to God to make His will perfectly clear. Sometimes it's not so "plain" and yet, we trust Him anyway. Clinging to the promises that He will make the crooked paths straight, He will never leave or forsake us and no good thing will He withhold from us. His love, grace, strength and power to endure are ours for the keeping and so we venture on. These are the things I think about when my heart grieves. It grieves for the loss of a dream, my dream obviously and perhaps not His. My heart is sad to think of the folks I would leave and then I realize that the same folks were not really in my life at all. Such is life of a "missionary for God". I am God's Missionary. I do not work out or affiliate with any church other than His. I go where He sends me knowing He walks with me because Heaven is my real home and not this earth. I have to go where He sends me because that is where His blessings are. However, that doesn't mean the human being in me wonders what a "normal life" is like?
So here we are in the Valley of Decision. Pondering where He will lead us this time. It's about really opening and availing ourselves to Him at the cost and expense of our own desires and selfish wills. I have met many who say they will do whatever He asks but sadly in reality, they will not. I do not stand in judgment. It's just a fact. Your prayers would be appreciated. Of course, if you want to help out monetarily, I would be open to that too. (Okay, that last sentence was just a joke. Trust me. When you're at this place, you've got to find plenty of reasons and ways to laugh because otherwise, the stress can kill you.)
Another great post!! Yes, times of testing come to all of us. None of us have been tested to the degree Abraham was but like gas consumes and fills the amount of space that it is in so does our individual testing and sometimes pain, consume and fill every inch of our being and lives. I love your willing heart Denise and if I do, think how much more HE does!!!!!
ReplyDelete((hugs))
yes, we have all been there...whether we like it or not...my prayers are with you...
ReplyDeleteI seem to be incessantly in this valley! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteYes, been there, done that. It's not a place that I like to be in, but it's part of life and often it gives way to much spiritual growth & maturity. ((( hugs ))) D
ReplyDelete