This is just too funny not to write about. We found a church yesterday and look forward to next Sunday already. It was friendly and welcoming and I don't find a need to look any where else. My heart is open to the possibilities. Who knows? Maybe that's another first. Anyhow, back to what I was going to write about in the first place.
Yesterday, in his sermon, my pastor :) brought up a funny but sock-it-to-'em punch. Gotta love that! Scientists marvelling at their brilliance in creating humans decide they don't need God anymore. They can make their own "man". They challenge God to a contest. God agrees to participate. The contest is to determine who can make "man" the fastest and the best. The contest begins. God reaches down and picks up some dirt. The Scientists begin to reach for their dirt when God says "Get your own dirt!" :) Don't you love that? We get ourselves into serious trouble when we think we can do anything without God.
I loved it. I do have to say, as we were leaving church, the pastor came up to introduce himself. I knew it was the church for us. I've not found a real church like that since I left Gainesville, GA and that was way too long ago! I take it as God's confirmation to me that I have found my "home" church. It's been a long search. :) I wonder if the church is ready for me. :)
RAIN RAIN GO AWAY........
11 years ago
Oh this is wonderful!!! I will answer your e-mail as soon as I can find some time and refresh my memory!!!! Have a great day, and week. Being in the right church, where God wants you is the BEST!!! My heart just jumped for joy when I read this.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you have found "the" church already. Sometimes it takes so long to find a place where you feel at home.
ReplyDeleteI know it made me feel like this area was it when we finally made the commitment to join our church. And I will say commitment is the appropriate word...we had only been with the church for about 6 months when we began to see some things we did not like. But thank heavens meat is served and there are those there that are the real deal. Hey...maybe we will wear off on the chaff. :)
Love that you are settling in so well.
That's one of my favorite stories of all time! :-) I'm SO thankful you found a welcoming church that you feel at home in!! Praying it continues to be a blessing to you and you a blessing to it! :-)
ReplyDeleteI remember the first Sunday I attended my church 10 years ago - I felt I had come home... still do.
ReplyDeleteLove you .. miss you...
Kelly
I have heard that joke before and I love it! So great! Blessings to you sister!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Hey, how about when we reach Timmie's we take a pic of ourselves drinking our coffee??! :) For our blogs?! Be creative! I see we're set to arrive around the same time. Good. Before the snow??! :D
ReplyDelete((( hugs )))
D
That is one funny story....I am so glad you found a good church that fits you all.
ReplyDeleteI was standing out in my shop working on a project and you came to mind. I hurried here to my pc to send you a note and to see what you have been up to since you moved home, and THERE you were in my email box!
ReplyDeleteIt was good to hear from you and I hope to get back to blogging soon..... It has been such an emotional summer and the roller coaster has not stopped yet.
Mother is so very mentally ill and having her here is very difficult. She never speaks, but she moans all day.. Maybe the only way for her to cope with the loss of Dad, we are not sure.. anyway, she is doing so much better physically and we are moving her home this weekend. I am going to post about it in the next couple of days. We have put every thing in place for her safety,,,, I pray it works , other wise she will go to a 24 hour care unit a few mile from me. I know when it it is time to say I quit.
Anyway, how are YOU???? Enjoying being home? I hope so........ When you get a minute send me your snail mail address! I have something for you!
Thanks for the offer to help.... but just hearing from you was wonderful !
so glad you found a church home! always good to be among fellow believers as you settle down in your "new" home. love the story too with the dirt and the scientists and God!
ReplyDeletehoping you have a great day! (and you are doing great with your walking!!!)
betty