
*photo by Christart.com
Of all the Seasons, I'm thinking Christmas is the best! I understand and know from experience that it's not always the "happiest" time of the year. Some folks are often lonely while others are suicidal. They are harder to recognize at this time of the year because we're mindful of gift-giving that we forget. Sometimes, we don't even recognize them at all. They've put up the facade for so long, we take it for granted that they are happy.
It's more than important to be especially kind to everyone because you don't know what battles they are fighting or what pains they are enduring. It's easy to miss if one has their mind on one's self. Christmas can bring out the best in people and it can also bring out the worst. It all depends on the person and their circumstances.
Why not start a new tradition this Christmas? Look for the sadness in folks eyes and greet them with a smile. You never know what that smile can/will do. If they see that you see them when they think no one else does, it can bring a little healing into that hurting heart. It's the reason God sent His Son because He loves us. He did not come to condemn us or to point out our sin (Our sin is no surprise to God.) contrary to what some believe. Those who speak ill of Him truly don't know Him and that is why they say the things they do. I understand that sometimes His children mess up in their relationships and leave the wrong impression but it doesn't change the fact that Jesus is the reason for the season and the reason He came the way He did was you! And so starts the Christmas Season.
*photo by Christart.com
Great advice. I try to do a good deed daily. I wish more people thought like this.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Mary
I so agree...you have no idea what someone is going thru....just watched a news item about someone getting trampled in a Black Friday crowd...everyone was just walking over him... unbelievable!!
ReplyDeleteVery profound and true. Moving back to the Reason For The Season. We are moving further and further away from all the hustle and bustle. Very little shopping and spending money. Just being still and understanding what in the world we are here for.....
ReplyDeleteSince this summer and the events that happened my eye sight has changed so remarkably it is hard to explain. Funny how HE takes things like that to take us back to our foundation.
Have a blessed weekend.......
Thank you for the wonderful post. We should definitely be mindful of those who are hurting. We need to ask God to open our eyes to see the needs around us, so we can meet those needs. Amen!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Judy
Excellent words of wisdom and advice. This season is hard for me since my mom died four years ago shortly before Christmas. Used to love Christmas, but these days it is hard to get into it. I love the Reason for the Season definitely, but all the gala I could do without (gala, tree, decorations, etc). I'm going to follow your advice and look at people and even pray that God will show me who is hurting this holiday season. Thanks for that suggestion!!
ReplyDeleteenjoy your weekend :)
betty
Great advice & reminder. On my paper route, I've met quite a few very, very lonely and sad people. This world is quite mixed up - and sadness is very evident in so many lives. I am thankful for the contacts that I've had to reach out in His name.
ReplyDeleteD
Might I be so bold as to say...you know God! He's a God of love and compassion and long-suffering. You are His friend, I am sure of it. Thank you for sharing His LOVE!
ReplyDeleteI know there are hurting people everywhere...but our area seems to be so full of them.
ReplyDeleteIt is time for the church to step up to the plate. We talk about wanting to reach the people out there for Him....what better time for the church to step in to that roll than now.
And passing a smile...how simple...but lets not stop there.