
*photo by Christart.com
According to the Webster's Dictionary, baffled means:
1. Perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements; filled with bewilderment; "obviously bemused by his questions"; "bewildered and confused"; "a cloudy and confounded philosopher"; "just a mixed-up kid"; "she felt lost on the first day of school".
It's been a week now and my house is still up for sale. It hasn't sold yet and I was so hoping it would. Don't ask me why. I don't know. I can't figure out how I went from not wanting to ever move again to hoping it sells a.s.a.p. so that I can. Talk about baffling. hahahaha I want to be healthy and in shape but for some odd reason, I don't have the desire to get on the treadmill these days. It doesn't sound like someone who wants to be healthy and in shape now does it? Baffled? Jesus gave me His authority to use and when I don't, I blame whatever went wrong on Him by saying that nothing happens without His approval. If that were true, then why would He give me His authority TO USE in the first place? ETC.!!!!
No! The thing that baffles me the most is how easily we who are IN HIM accept the traditions and doctrines of man as Gospel when a little effort and study on our part, we'd soon discover how debilitating they are. Too much of what we believe is nothing more than something we've been handed down over the years (a lot of crock) and without going to the Source our self (for me, too lazy), we've come to accept as TRUTH. What's worse is we ourselves teach it as truth. I need a white T-shirt with one of those red circles and a diagonal line going through it. The words being the ban would be traditions and doctrines of man. I figure if I lived by that, I wouldn't be baffled anymore. Sometimes I need to cuff myself up aside the head for the stupid things I accept. So, would you like a T-shirt like that too?
I often have to stop and remember that I am a child. NO matter how old I get I am a child. And each step a learning process of life here as a foreigner in this world. Only so much will He reveal to me...and slowly as I draw closer to Him I can let go of and unlearn wrong thinking and wrong traditions as He reveals them to me. But through it all His grace is sufficient for me. I guess I would like a tee shirt that says: "When I am weak then I am strong for His power is made perfect in my weakness and His grace is sufficient for me." LOL! Hugs! Hope your house sells soon. God might just be waiting for THE perfect timing! His timing is always perfect! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI love the passage that says, "He who began a good work in your will be faithful to complete it." :-) So much rest in that verse! There are seasons in which I feel less than motivated.. um.. lazy.. but God is faithful even then and is using it to teach us something valuable. He never stops working in the life of His child.
ReplyDeleteI've been very frustrated with the SLEW of man-made doctrines that come up on a daily basis. It's interesting how the Church kind of locks on to them, like the way the world starts sporting a new look or style. Trendy doctrines crop up in various movements and each and every time, idols are erected and hearts are broken and discouraged. I would be more than happy to wear one of those t-shirts!!
sorry the house hasn't sold yet; I know it is frustrating waiting but yet I know in God's timing it will sell. But patience is one of those "virtues" I really have to work on and realize God does know best. I understand what you are saying about man-made doctrines; my pastor likens them to religion-rituals rather than relationship-Jesus. I always say and I'll say it again, Jesus said it so simply and we made a mess of it all. He said "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself". We tacked this and that on to it and now so many don't even know what is true anymore. Everything is done in his perfect timing and authority, but I also think we have a choice in some things, like you have to wait until a buyer comes along that Jesus will send, but you have the choice to go on your treadmill to take care of the body Jesus gave you. I have to wait until it is God's timing to open my son's eyes to the truth of Jesus, (son believes but is in rebellion right now) but I can make the choice to eat healthy today and get in some exercise. Make a little sense or did I totally mess up what you were trying to write here? God always knows best and we will have to continue to trust in him :)
ReplyDeletebetty
It's simply and ONLY all about JESUS and our manual, The Bible. All else is just.......that, something else.
ReplyDelete