
*photo by Vandi
You were probably wondering what that unusual and mysterious noise was that you heard at 8:30 a.m EST. I can assure you that it was not the sound of any UFO's or rare exotic bird for that matter. It was the sound of my head swelling just a bit. Oh but wait until I tell you why. You're going to be as thrilled for me as I was. I'm convinced. But then what do I know? According to my most beautiful, talented and witty daughter...I'm old! :)
I was speaking with a friend over the phone yesterday and she was telling me that unless she writes something down, she forgets. "Of course," she said. "You wouldn't know about that yet because you're younger than me." The debate started. When I told her my actual age she didn't believe me. She had me figured to be 11 years younger than I am. Oh and don't you know she made my day. I was on cloud nine even though my shoulders reminded me that I wasn't quite that young anymore. :) It was then that my head began to swell. When she said that I "looked after myself well", I almost doubled over in laughter. I wasn't feeling it. I mean, after all, what were Adam and Eve thinking?
Don't you love it when the Lord comes along side of you and gives you a boost like that? Now perhaps your head doesn't swell like mine did but I'd love to hear your "booster" story. Care to oblige?
haha Been there, done that! :) When I was 39 I accidently told someone I was 29 and my kids were flabergasted that I was lying...especially at that time I had a 17 yo - I just "forgot" a decade. I was called "grandma" recently -- but maybe this is pointing to me being OLD! ha Oh well, just enjoy the years whatever the number is (or lie about the number! just kidding!). I realized recently that I told my mom's AD nurse that I was going to be 43, actually, it's 44! Oops. I even told her my year and obviously didn't do the math correctly! EEK! D
ReplyDeleteI shared mine in my post. Being invited and included with this group of young people from our church at a special birthday celebration lunch for one of them was a real boost to us. I never want to feel like the Lord or others are ready to "put us on the shelf" and HE used this to show us HE has no intention of letting that happen.
ReplyDeletethat was a nice boost! I'm thinking.....I'm not sure I have had a recent boost lately, but I used to have a friend who would always call when I needed a boost or was feeling low. We're still friends, just moving in different directions these days I think
ReplyDeleteanyway, glad you had a great boost! it does feel good doesn't it??
betty
Gotta love that kind of boost from the Lord!
ReplyDeleteThat is a cute post for sure, and everyone needs a boost once in awhile. Recently I had told someone I was a year older than I really am, and they couldn't beleive it, but I was adamant, then after doing the math I was actually a year younger. But to boot I was slightly disappointed cuz now I have one more year to go before I can retire... Bummer
ReplyDelete