I have entitled my blog "Oh Sew Good" because I have taken up a new hobby. Sewing. I hadn't planned to sew because sewing in high school was such a nightmare I was convinced there's no way I could ever do it. Years later (a few) I wanted my daughter to learn to sew. She has talent and I believe it needed to be developed. I've been sitting in on her sewing lessons and realized that I just didn't have a very good teacher. I'm ready to sew.
My first project is a denim handbag with horses on it. I will be cutting out the pattern today and I'm looking forward to this one. There's more to this then sewing though. It's about the Lord helping me overcome some deep rooted fears. I'm one of those who grew up in a constant state of tip toeing on eggshells at home. You never knew when certain family members were gonna blow and you never knew what you might do to set them off. It was easy to be afraid but thankfully I wasn't afraid to the point of being afraid of my own shadow.
I've only been afraid to feel free to be who God made me to be. I have been afraid to swim, ski, doctors, dentists, tests, authority, men, etc. the list just goes on. This past couple weeks the Lord has helped me overcome my fear of dentists and doctors. I still have a long way to go when it comes to people I suppose. He's changing me one "stitch at a time" and I am looking forward to living His design for my life. :)
Hey girl.......... SEW glad to see you....... Closing the blog was a good idea.. Only those you want can chat........ good for you.. Good luck with the sewing...... I hate to sew! The little primitives are enough for me...... anything else just makes my neck hurt!
ReplyDeletehahhahahh
Have a blessed Easter............
How fun...I used to sew a lot and stopped when my girls hit mid grade school...I just ran out of time. Beautiful flowers in your header. Praying God continues to open your eyes and spirit to the "new" things He has already done for you! You are His beloved. Blessings of all His best!
ReplyDeleteWonderful new blog....thanks for the invite...I used to sew alot.....know not so much'
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter my friend
I know you will be great at sewing sweetie, love you.
ReplyDeleteIt is good to see you again girl! Just remember that when your blog is closed our readers will not update to let us know you have posted. So if I don't catch right away ...I will.
ReplyDeleteI don't have much to say about the sewing..yuck! Can't do it...would love to..but can't. :)
But the fear...boy could I sit down and talk to you about this. My life was ruled by fear...the last few years God has been in the process of breaking me from its power in my life. Matter of fact the study that I have been doing dealt with fear and destiny.
I will probably do a post on the fear in my life soon. And how it ruled my life so long...because I was unable to trust my Savior unconditionally. It was a lesson that was hard for me to learn....even though I knew the scripture that woudl free me.
I pray you find soon that the doors that have kept you locked in are soon opened wide.
Love ya girl
I too will be doing this neat butterfly background, how fun. . .I love it!! I hope you are alright, My blog Riding Free came from overcoming fear and being set free. someday I can share that with you. Denise, you my friend are an awesome daughter of the King!! And I am proud to have you as my friend, love you. Have a Blessed Easter:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the invite, I can't sew a stitch and hardly get a button on when its needed. Love the Butterflies and new blog!! Have a Blessed Easter... HE IS RISEN!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I too have picked up sewing these last couple of years. My first attempt was a pair of curtains for my kids' room. It was good, but some of the lines weren't as straight as I would have liked. Sewing requires patience and a willingness to learn from mistakes---a lot like life.
ReplyDeletewith blessings,
Minister Mamie