
I am seriously asking for help today and not making up a "cutsey" blog. I'm hoping you can shed some light on this and am asking if you might pray. Long story short....When my dd was 5 months old, we moved to the USA. About 5 months after that I went through a period of what I now understand to be post-partum depression. At the time I didn't know what was wrong with me only that something wasn't right. I sought help at a health food store who "prescribed" a few things. When the owner said all those things would help me, I took him literally. I guess it was the state of mind I was in. Anyhow, there are some things on the shelves that I now know from experience have no business being on the shelves. As a result, after taking a combination of things, it sent me on somewhat of a "high" similar to being on drugs. During this traumatic time, I thought I received a word from the Lord that I would die by the time my dd was twelve years old. I have lived in fear ever since. I've gone in phases of extreme fear where I wouldn't go anywhere for fear I would die, to mild under the surface fear that well she's not quite 12.
Last night when a friend of mine mentioned that the father of this little boy lost his mother when he was 12 and never got over it, all those fears rose to the surface. I have been thinking that the time I have spent with my daughter is more then most folks get to spend with their children in a life time. After all these years, I finally have a dentist and a doctor I can at least talk to sans fear when I open up with them and I haven't had that. When I phoned a prayer line today and asked for prayer, I felt sick to my stomach and my heart felt overly burdened like I was trying to carry way too much for my own good and all it's has me weighed down.
I don't know what to do or what to make of this. I know I need to commit it all over to the Lord but I wonder sometimes if anything happened to me or my husband and God forbid both, who would look after my daughter. So there it is in a nutshell. As real as I can get without boring you with too many details. I would just really appreciate your prayers and if you hear from God, what He might have you say to me. I know I'm making myself vulnerable but this is the most I've opened up in a very long while. Frightening as it is it beats living in bondage.
UPDATE: I spent a good while in prayer yesterday morning and opened my heart up to the Lord. Then I went to church expecting to hear from Him, in my heart. I did! "I know the plans I have for you. Plans to give you a hope and a future and not to harm you." I'm convinced it was just the enemy trying to rob me of my joy and to keep me from enjoying being a mother to the fullness of God's intention. Thank you all for praying!
Sweetie, bless you for sharing your heart. I will be praying for you about this. I love you my friend.
ReplyDeleteDenise,
ReplyDeleteAt one time I was positive that God was going to take me home before I turned 30. However, here I am at 59.
Living in bondage is a terrible thing. I don't think you were suffering from post partum depression, I think you were suffering from depression. I think you still are. I have been there and done that, so understand where you are coming from. It's a very difficult thing and yes, you think you are going to die...you think you are going insane at times.
After many, many years, the doctor put me on a very low dosage of pax*il because they found out that I had a chemical imbalance of the brain. Yes, I had turned it over to God, but without a miracle healiing, the effects still lingered.
If you would like to talk more about this, drop me an email. In the meantime, I will be praying.
Love and blessings,
Mary
Denise...... Let me say to you that for God to 'say" that to you would cause fear and anxiety.. Please understand that God does not do that to HIS children. The enemy of our soul wants us to live in fear and dread not our Father God........ the bible tells us that HE has come to give us LIFE and LIFE more abundant. The word tells us that HE is the giver of good gifts to HIS kids and for HIM to speak a word of death to you is so very contrary to who HE is........ Please take the truth of who HE is and hold it tight to your heart and know that the enemy is the one that comes to steal and kill and destroy..... and he is a liar! Rejoice in the fact that your Father God is so in love with you and WOULD NOT torment you for these many years............
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
I am glad you got a Word from God...yes, I do believe it was the enemy trying to steal your joy....blessings
ReplyDeleteYou know when my son was born I had kind of the same thing...only not the depression. I got in my head that I would never see my children married. Over the years that fear has come and gone with me.
ReplyDeleteI will tell you that this fear no longer controls me. And I am so glad that through the service Sunday the Lord was able to bring peace to your heart. He is so good that way. :)