Friday, April 17, 2009

Sore Throat?


Imagine having a throat that size and on top of that, it being sore. Yowza! I guess it's all a matter of perspective though, yes? What a day we had at the zoo yesterday. My friend and I went with 5 children. There were two toddlers and three tweens. Needless to say, we didn't see a lot of animals because we were busy keeping count but the ones we did see, were nothing short of spectacular. How can one go to a place like a zoo and not wonder about all that they see and how they came to be? The Lord truly is Amazing, Creative and Genius, that's for "certain and for sure".

I think the funniest thing I saw yesterday was my friend's little three year old. He was a going concern. Unstoppable and not feeling 100%. He would run off on us and I would catch up to him. When I picked him up, his feet kept going. They wouldn't stop. It was not only amusing but very cute. It made me think, do you think we're like that with God at times. I'm convinced I am. The times when He would prefer I "be still and know He is God" and pick me up from the path I've wandered on to. My feet keep moving as my will fights with all that is within me and refuses to submit. I love that no matter what my feet are doing, God's got me and is well able to place me on His path for me.

3 comments:

  1. I love the new blog & the pretty layout! Is that you on the cover of the Eden book? :) Thank you for the invite to here -- I'm glad you're back writing! I wonder if you could email blogger so you can get some of your writing off your old blog? They must have copies for a while?? I love that one that you wrote about the person who doesn't believe in God. I wish I had that saved myself!! D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,

    Wow! You and your friend are brave to take all those kids to the zoo. I'm sure you had your hands full, but am glad you had a great time.

    The photo of the giraffe is great. I love zoos and so do the boys. We try to go to at least one each year.

    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete