Sometimes one's emotions get the better of one and cause one to doubt all kinds of things. When one's been hurt, one has a tendency to pull away and find a quiet spot to "lick one's wounds". This is indeed the place where the enemy of one's souls kicks it into overdrive and someway, somehow, one finds one's mind open to his suggestions. There arises one temptation upon another and before one knows it one's ready to come out of that quiet spot with both guns blazing so to speak.
Other times one's emotions are kicked into high gear and one is ready throw it all away. Forget this! One retaliates and up goes the blood pressure, smoke billows from one's ears and the fire in one's eyes looks like there's little daggers growing in there. Then there are the times when one has had it "up to here" and comes to all sorts of conclusions. The only thing is those "conclusions" don't last. None of these emotions last and in fact, one discovers by an amazing turn of events that emotions can be contained.
What could possibly bring about such a sudden change that one resembles Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde syndrome? Ah! These are the moments when His love touches one's heart. Sometimes it's a word from another one of His children who says "I've been there and this is what how He helped me" other times it's the sudden appearance of one of His amazing little creatures who visits for a few seconds and chirps a song of praise. There are moments when, out of the blue, He sends another of His children to unexpectantly want to give you a hug for no reason. These and many are the ways His love touches your heart and when it does, there's a whole new set of lovely, beautiful emotions. One decides its best to turn to His Word in these moments because in His Word is something much more reliable and concrete to adhere to then these ever fluctating emotions. When emotions send us to His Word, they are good but His Word is everlasting as is His love for ..... one. :)
Recently, a speaker named John Bevere came to speak at our church and he talked about being wounded, hurt, and offended. It revealed so much to me about how hurt I had been carrying without even being aware. Soon I will begin his book The Bait of Satan: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense. I will let you know how it is.
ReplyDeletewith blessings,
Minister Mamie
Beautiful post, my friend. I hope all is well with you.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Mary
First I need to remember to hit refresh when I get here because I thought you hadn't done a new post in about a week. But it hit me this time that maybe I was not seeing updated posts..and I wasn't!
ReplyDeleteYou know it does not always help me when someone says...been there and survived. Sometimes all that does for me is give me a little drive to dig in my heals and make it through.
But no matter what I am depending on His tender mercies that are new every morning. That love that wraps itself around my heart and bids me come to Him...no matter the condition of my heart and mind. Because once there....He makes all things new.
Love ya girl.....working this thing out right along side ya!