I have tried getting back to sleep after my dog woke me up but was too awake to do so. I'm hoping once I consume my steamy cup of Sweet Dreams Tea that I will be nodding off to la-la land in a very short while. At this time in the morning I find myself rather limited in what I can do. I mean after all, I can't be running the vacuum at this time now can I? :)
No, at this time in the morning after visiting a few blogs, I find myself wanting to encourage anyone who stops by to read. I thought a gentle reminder might be in order and then I realized I don't think this way so it has to be God.
There's a lot of Bible Translations to read aren't there? Concordances galore. Commentaries. Topical Bibles. Bible Studies of all interpretations too! I bring this up because in all of these there are no references to Jesus EVER analyzing Himself and His "progress in the Lord". I never read where he fretted at whether He was doing enough for the Father. I mean He didn't heal and deliver everyone but you never read that He felt useless because of it. These resources never indicate that He felt He never prayed enough--only that He prayed. I never read where He missed His quiet time with the Father one morning and fell apart for the rest of it. (Please don't misunderstand. I'm all for the "morning hour" I'm just saying if we miss it, it doesn't mean He loves us any less. We just act like we think He does.) If Jesus never got worked up about His works, then why do we get worked up about ours or the lack thereof. Truly there is no need when one is ABIDING in Him (The True Vine) and the Father is VINEDRESSING. :) And so I leave you with this gentle reminder. Listen carefully now. It's not about us. It's all about Him! Where's your focus now?
Great post. Maybe God woke you up early, and you just thought it was the dog? :o) We are instructed not to fret and worry by The Word.
ReplyDeleteSusan
Denise,
ReplyDeleteI agree with Susan. We are not to worry, but that doesn't stop us. You have left a powerful message this morning. I do hope you got back to sleep.
Blessings,
Mary
Sweet sleep my friend.. Abiding brings such sweet sleep.....
ReplyDeleteI love this post and it gives me much to think about..
I have known this truth for a long time...but it has not always been so easily walked out in my life when the storms waves are crashing.
ReplyDeleteBut....the storms do teach us.....teach us to call out to Him to let Him know how much we need Him.
Great truths girl.
very good think about it post....I do hope you got some sleep my friend
ReplyDeleteWonderful thoughts to ponder on. Thanks
ReplyDeleteWonderful post.
ReplyDeleteAMEN! Thanks!
ReplyDelete