Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's Not Like We Weren't Warned.....


It should come as no surprise to anyone that life is not easy. On the contrary, it's filled with twists and turns, ups and downs, good and bad. Anyway you slice it, it's life! It's not like we weren't warned. We knew it wasn't going to be easy however I think we never expected it could be downright hard.

It seems no matter how bad we think our lives are, there's always one or more that come along to illustrate that it's not all that bad in comparison. The opposite is true too. It's not all that good in comparison either. It all depends on how we look at it I suppose.

However, even more than that, it all depends on how big we think God is to us. Is He powerless or powerful? He's POWER-full! I think for the most part, we still live independent of Him and that's why life seems so extreme and so difficult. For some reason, we live as though we don't think He's able so we lose our patience with Him and try things in our own strength. I don't know about you but that gives me a sick feeling in my stomach. Just as He bid us to COME to Him, He also bid us to ABIDE in Him. If we're not abiding, our lives are a sliding deeper into the pit of unbelief.

8 comments:

  1. I have learned not to wait for the other shoe to drop. It is always going to drop...and slowly little by little I am letting God out of that small box that I had stuffed Him in. I liked what I read in God Calling once that reminded me how absurd I would find it if a little child worried incessantly the entire trip we were on that I had planned, fretful and fearful that I had not thought of this or that. How foolish would I think that child was...and little children do not do that. They trust their parents to take care of it all..and we do...and God does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful post....yes, sometimes I forget to abide....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a lot of the time it does matter how we look at things. Sometimes, a good thing, and sometimes not. We can easily avoid looking at something we in fact should be looking at.

    Great post. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree waiting on the Lord is not easy and we often think we can handle our own problems without Him. HIs plan is always better of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hardest thing lately has been abiding.But I can thank Him that what has come our way has been permitted by the hand of God. And if He has allowed it...He has some great lesson that He plans to teach us. And if we abide and listen and learn....we will walk away with the gold. That's what I am counting on! :)
    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well said -without Him we are without hope.... He needs to be in control...

    Love to you.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is in those difficult times, sometimes, that we really become intimate with Him to know Him to be a savior, a healer, a provider, and everything else we could ever need. What is so wonderful is that no matter how weak we may get, He is always strong.

    with blessings,

    Minister Mamie

    ReplyDelete