
*photo by Christart.com
Lately, I have been having thoughts about God's patience. Oh, I don't mean thoughts in the doubtful, criticizing way at all. I have been wondering how long it's going to last I suppose. There's a very good reason why He is God and I am not. Well, a kazillion reasons but zeroing in on the area of patience and my lack thereof, I'm thankful that I'm not Him. God's patience far surpasses all of humanity's put together. Past, present and future humanity combined. Isn't that amazing?
But seriously, I often wonder how patient does God have to be and/or need to be? He can't be very pleased with the way things are these days. I'm sure of it! Take my own life, for example, so as not to point fingers at others and cause offense. I absolutely know that I could spend more time with Him then I do and yet I don't do it. I absolutely even positively could be more diligent with my time and yet I fritter a lot of it away on needless, mindless things. Of course, I know He is patient but how patient does He have to be? I know to do better and because I don't, it is sin. Bottom line!
It's time I pray for diligence and to be God-willed oriented and live my life accordingly. Oh I know where this "push" is coming from. It is the Holy Spirit at work within me both to will and to do of His good pleasure so I don't take any credit but give the credit to whom it belongs. Holy Spirit thank you, my Comforter. But seriously, how patient does God have to be with me or anyone else for that matter. He's given more than we could ever comprehend. He loves more than we can ever know so why take Him or His patience for granted? I do know one thing. I am very thankful that He is as patient as He is. Very thankful indeed!
We must all be busy and "redeem the time".
ReplyDeleteSusan
Our pastor talked about the patience of God this past week....but it was more to the point of "how far do you plan on pushing Him". It was a good toe stomping sermon....and it was well noted by this person. ;)
ReplyDelete