
*art by Vandi
Before I begin, let me clarify that this is not a Kvetch session by any means. Oh my! At least I hope it's not. I would much rather have Growing Pains then grow stagnant. Who wouldn't?! I love a challenge as much as the next person but sometimes I wonder...
You may or may not know that I manage a small Motel and RV Park. People come from all walks of life. The ones that really get to me are the ones who lie from check-in to check out. They portray such an innocent demeanor (Is that the word?) and when it comes to check-out, they end up on the "Black List". This last couple really got to me yesterday. I guess I let them because it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I cried most of the day. I didn't want to be nice anymore because nice wasn't working and yet, I don't want to be rude. I've never been lied to so much in my life as I have since I started working here.
I have also been watching Dr. Phil's Housewives and the interaction between the different ladies has intrigued me. It made me question myself about the thoughts I think people perceive about me, may not be what they perceive about me. This brought about a whole new set of Growing Pains. Have you ever stopped to wonder if the person you think you are is the person others know you as? I suppose it can work both ways. You might think you're the cat's pajamas and others think are you kidding me? The other side could be true. You might not think you're anything special and others think you are the breath of fresh air. Would you like to find out? I think I would. I hope I would. What about you?
Our self perception is often tainted by an inflated and unrealistic view of who we think we are. I am resigned to the fact that I am nothing more or nothing less than an Old Geezer. :-)
ReplyDeleteI do wonder sometimes...but then again I think I am an open book...I don't play games with anyone...so it is about "what you see is what you get"
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteOur perception of ourselves should be how God sees us. He views us as His beloved daughters in Christ. We are holy, blameless, righteous, virtuous. So it doesn't matter what people think of us or how they perceive us. It's true that we often care what people think of us, but at the end of the day, if we're walking in the Spirit with Christ that is all that matters. And if we believe what God says about us, we will be emulating Him anyway, and people will see His light shining within us.
J.
Oh gosh..... I have no idea what people think of me.... No idea at all.... Now of course there are those that voice their opinion of me often but I just let that roll off my back....... hahahha
ReplyDeleteJust coming by to say hello......
I think I'm the one that has a lower opinion of herself than how others think of her. I am so sorry about the people who are less than honorable that you have to do business with. You would like to think people would be kind as that is how they would want to be treated, yet that often doesn't happen in this world. No wonder people have to resort to so many different rules about this or that because without them people just don't know how to behave fairly. hoping you are feeling better today
ReplyDeletebetty