
*art by Vandi
but joy comes in the morning. A customer upset me the other day. It was a straw that breaks the camel's back scenario. He told me he was going to pay for an extra day and I tried to get him to pay up at least 4 times. The 5th time, he left before I could ask him. I wondered why he was so adamant about paying on his terms and on his timetable but his leaving let me know the answer to that. Well, I was in tears most of the day. It wasn't just that it was missing my old life and struggling to adapt to my new one. I don't have much time for anything other than work and taking care of my family. Girls' night out? What's that? I know. I have only myself to blame. Without this coming across like I'm having a pity party, I'm not. I'm just trying to set the background to the joy that comes in the morning.
I did a little follow up to the company that the guest put on their ticket. Stupid! Stupid! Don't do that if you're planning to skip out on your bill. In doing a little research, I found a boss on the other end. A boss who had a boss and that boss took care of the bill. He will collect on his own terms. He even covered the cost of the replacement of linens and carpet cleaning. My boss called me a "sleuth". I just felt a little better not being taken advantage of. I was really tired of being nice and didn't know of any other way to be to my customers. I see now that I have to be firm and endorse my own set of rules when it comes to checking in.
((( hugs ))) Yah, you have been burning the candle at both ends, eh? Hope you can get some "me" time again soon. And good for you for dealing w/ the "runaway". Ugh. I'm sure that wasn't a good career move for him!
ReplyDeleteD
I'm sure that guy didn't make points with his boss, I'm also thinking he might be looking for a new job so very soon. most of the places we've stayed have wanted our credit/debit cards when we check in.....I guess just in case
ReplyDeleteits a work in progress that you are doing, trying to figure out the ropes. You'll win some, lose some. Just hang in there and try to make sure you do have some "me time"
betty