
I'd build a Youth Center. It's been my dream for the past 25 years and to this day, I still dream about it. I don't have a Million dollars but if I did that's what I'd do with it. It's funny because when the idea was first placed on my heart, I was headed that direction (working with the Youth that is) and then it was crushed. I thought the dream was dead but it's still here.
Years ago, I got involved with a Youth Group. I was a co-Leader but the Leader turned out to be an irresponsible jerk. When he put me in charge of letting the group down by telling them there was no longer going to be a Youth Group, I vowed I would never get involved again because I NEVER wanted to hurt a young person like that ever again. They were counting on us and we let them down. I will never forget how one young lady believed it was her fault her parents divorced. What a horrible load to carry. Wherever did she get that idea? I'll never know because the opportunity to get to know her better never existed.
I believe it's not what's wrong with the Youth today, it's what's wrong for them. In my heart of hearts I want to make a difference. I just don't have the finances to get it off the ground. I guess I'm posting this because I went out with my daughter's Youth Group last night and if that's all there is for them, I can see why Youth attendance is low. Sad to say but true.
Wondering if your comment section is working....
ReplyDeleteSomething must be going on....this is the second comment I have left but don't see the other ones I left. Just wanted you to know I am reading.
ReplyDeleteI would build a beautiful nursing home with QUALITY workers and beautiful gardens with beautiful big windows for our little people to sit and see the beauty of God's creation..... we have NOTHING like that here.........
ReplyDeleteIn memory of my Mom and Dad...... I would call the the Walsh Home.........
ReplyDeleteI think youth programs are wonderful. There are so many hurting youth out there - makes me wonder what the future holds for our world when so many youth feel hopeless. Sad. I hope you can minister somehow to youth as you'd love to. I can't lead a group but we do have an open home here and lots of youth come & go from here. I like that. There are so many in messed up homes, it's no wonder they think it's their fault when they live w/ so much negativity. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteD
hmmmm.......I am wondering if something is up with your comment section....I left a comment and it is not here....
ReplyDeletejust wanted to say hugs to you! It would be awesome if you could achieve your dream of a teen/youth center; I have a heart for teens and troubled teens. My heart breaks when I hear of kids thinking the divorce was their fault, so sad :(
betty
If I had a million $ I would give it all to my wife and hope she would raise my allowance! :-)
ReplyDelete