Saturday, October 2, 2010

SeedTIME and Harvest


*art by Vandi

I've heard plenty of sermons on Seed and Harvest but not so many on TIME. I find it interesting that the time is linked to the seed but it's also in between Seedtime and Harvest too. I love a harvest as much as the next person and admit that planting seeds can be a blast. It's the TIME aspect of it all that doesn't get near the credit it deserves. During the time phase, one is tested beyond measure. The degree of patience that needs to be worked out can be excruciating at time. Discovering the trust you think you have and the trust that you don't can be very humbling. A pride-killer for sure! As painful as it is, it's definitely a benefit.

It's easy to falter and fall down during the "Time phase" for sure. There are times when you don't think you'll ever be put back on your feet again. Surprisingly, He who is Faithful, had your back the whole time and in just the right time, you catapult to your feet once more. It's also not long before you discover that your "faith" needed to grow and all to your lack of knowledge. There are times when you think you run out of faith. I believe that faith is love and I know that love never fails. Faith can not run out. It's the mind and emotions that cause you to think in error.

So how do you get through the "Time phase" when it seems all hope, patience, faith, trust, ability, courage and strength is gone. In other words, you've got NOTHING! Absolutely NOTHING and to hang in there is too much to comprehend let alone handle. I could be wrong. It won't be the first time. Yet, in my own life of growth, I discover at that point, I'm right where I need to be. I believe when that happens, one is at the threshold of the Harvest. At least that is my hope. Is it yours?

4 comments:

  1. ((( hugs ))) How are you doing? Still so busy? Any SNOW yet, hehehe. They were talking of a frost here for tonight but now they're saying no. Single digit temperatures though. I need to take my plants in and rescue my still green tomatoes TODAY though...would be a shame to lose them.
    Love ya! hello to your fam!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith IS the evidence of things not seen, but yet we KNOW that in HIS TIMING we will see them because it is HIS WORD we are standing on and believing in, not anything of our own ability. That is exactly what we are doing in standing for the COMPLETE healing of our beloved daughter, Suzette. Her testimony will be according to Romans 8:28 and will be used by God to touch many lives. Thankful for our wonderful triune God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is hard to wait when we want things on our timing and not God's perfect timing. I'm learning to try to wait on him, but it is truly a work in progress and some days are definitely better than others

    very thought provoking post!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our fast paced "I want it now society" has a difficult time waiting in line to order their happy meal at McDonald's. Sadly, this mentality has spilled over in the Christian community. The concept of waiting on God is foreign to most people today. But guess what? God is still in control and will do things on His time schedule, not ours. :-)

    ReplyDelete