
*photo by Christart.com
Okay, perhaps I was a little hasty in putting "conclusion" on my Healing Faith points. I was content with it though and then I went to church. :) When I first got there, I felt like I had been in a MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) fight and after having gone a few rounds, I had no more punch or kick left in me. I think I understood what it might be like to wrestle with the angel. I was all questionned out and ready to listen to what the Lord might have to say. You know what it's like when you're listening to the sermon and every so often words "jump out at you" and your heart perks up even more. I'm a note-taker so I see and hear the words at the same time.
In all my years of walking with the Lord, I have yet to read the Bible all the way through. I think I hesitate because I don't want to read that way for all the wrong reasons. I do, however, read some passages multiple times. One particular passage is in Luke concerning the leper that returned to give God thanks. I never saw that he was a Samaritan before. I never heard he was a Samaritan either in all the many Sermons I've heard about this encounter. Amazing! When it comes to attending church, I am not a faithful attendee. I don't attend because I have to either. I attend because I sincerely want to but sometimes the fear of getting hurt again holds me back from attending more often. It was easier to attend church when I knew I wasn't going to be there for much longer but attending as a permanent fixture is taking some getting used to. (For those who may be new, I've moved about 28 times in the past 11 years.) We're settled now! Well, we're settled for now maybe.
Anyhow, long story short, at the end of the sermon this thought came to me. "When we are seeing God for answers/understanding, we ought not to ask Him for an explanation. We need to ask Him for a revelation of who He is and not what He does/doesn't do." After all, He doesn't owe us an explanation. He's God! Now I am asking you to judge it. Does that sound like something the Holy Spirit would say?
I am going to find the verse I am thinking about. But I mentioned in another comment about Paul who said he would seek nothing but to KNOW God.
ReplyDeleteAnd so yes, I do think that thought came from the Spirit. I think asking why drains us spiritually. I think when we just seek to get to know Him....we get to know His heart. And so no matter what happens we know we can rest safely in His heart. Does that make sense?
That is where we have been lately. Just resting. This walk we are walking does not make sense to some. But He is teaching us to walk by faith. And that should be the goal of each believer....just to love God with all our heart, soul and strength and learn to rest in His plan.
And should in the future He ask me to lay hands on someone, or walk on water, or just be used to plant a seed in someones heart.....I will answer not my will but Yours be done.
We serve a mighty God....He is able to get us where He wants us. And if He has a willing hear filled with love......the sky is the limit.
Just seek His face......and like Moses.....the glory of the Lord will shine clearly to all who come into contact with you. Mat 5:8.....The pure in heart will see God.
Hey girl....... I am back and will post tonight.. Thanks for thinking of me Sunday. The Samaritan Woman is a wonderful story. AND as for asking The Father God questions, of course. Think of your sweet daughter , how she comes to you and inquires of you. She will ask you questions as to how and why and when and etc. We as parents patiently answer her knowing that more questions is coming. The same is the Father God. He is a loving and very patient Father and HE wants to you understand HIM more than you want to understand HIM. So ask away and be sure to stop and listen when HE answers. Remember the scripture when Jesus was telling HIS disciples that HE had to go back to heaven?
ReplyDeleteBut the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26. HE the HOLY SPIRIT is a teacher and HE has come to do just that.
Isn't God so good...... HE lets us ask and ask and ask.. HE never gets tired of HIS kids..
You just keep on reading and growing girl friend!
I thought the first line:
ReplyDelete"Okay, perhaps I was a little hasty in putting "conclusion" said it all...God takes us from glory to glory as He slowly helps our hearts to understand. He is SO BIG...and we can only take in so much at a time. So often I look back and see how He put it all together...the baby steps in each part of a larger understanding, realizing even then that I likely still don't have it all quite right. Makes me more humble and less assertive in what I think I understand-I hope! LOL!! Blessings to you!