Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"If Man Made It.............


*photo by Christart.com

Don't Eat It!" What do I mean if man made it don't eat it? It's Gluten-Free in a nutshell. Yuppers! It is my new lifestyle as of right now. I am so excited because I have something new to research. (I must say that my dear, sweet Honey isn't all that impressed. I think he's a little worried we won't be doing burgers anymore.) The book I chose to start with has "For Dummies" in the title if that gives you any indication. I did not choose this new lifestyle, it chose me in a way. After reading a little, I am pleasantly surprised to discover what may have contributed to my less than stellar healthstyle aka lifestyle so far.

I could get real depressed if I looked at all of the "goodies" I am not able to eat anymore. REAL depressed. I think I'd sit outside my home with a huge picket sign, consuming Whine and Veggie Cheese and protest but that wouldn't get me anywhere except in the news as a local moron. So daughter of the King that I am, the Lord gave me more of a Christ-like attitude. In other words, rather than look at what I can't eat, look at what I could. I gotta say as one who loves God and all that God has created, I fell in love with "If man made it then don't eat it!" ~sigh~ (picture a cartoon here with hearts in the eyes and heart protruding from chest)

So what are the benefits of going gluten-free besides eating as God intended, you ask? Well, I understand weight-loss is one. No more bloating, constipation, diarrhea, headaches (including migraines), irritability, listlessness, mood disorders, fuzzy brain, eczema, joint or bone pain to name a few. Oh and did I happen to mention weight loss? :) The only thing that will be a challenge is shopping for the groceries. However, if I stick to the perimeter and stay out of the aisles, it really won't be much of a challenge at all.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great to me sweetie, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answered your question on my blog today, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also been eating more and more GF but they are much more expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting!
    I know my hubby would be having the same worries. :)
    I know D will be a great help to you in this area. She talks about some pretty great products.
    Glad you have found a solution to your problems. I am looking forward to all the fresh local veggies and fruit coming in.

    ReplyDelete