Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Two Different Things


*photo by Christart.com

Odd! What I think I need and what God thinks I need are two different things. I wonder why we aren't on the same "page" sometimes. Things I think should be obvious are most likely things that make Him laugh the most and the longest. Oh and it's not just limited to need. Far from it! It extends to things I think I should be doing and what He knows I need to do. The Bible is full of things I need to be doing and it lists what I have no business doing either. :) There are things that I am commanded to do and yet I seem to take them as suggestions. What's up with that anyhow? You know. Things like Fear not! Count it all joy! Forgive! :) Have faith in God!

Why do we fret so much in the first place, huh? It should come as no surprise that we are in the world and not of it and often what is taking place in the world, doesn't apply to us. We are a peculiar bunch, are we not? We look to the author and finisher of our faith and the world looks to themselves. We look at our treasure in Heaven and the world looks at their bank accounts. We look at a loving Father and the world looks at a lying one. Go figure! We have Jesus! The world does not. This Sunday, my pastor said something that will never leave me " The only fitting place to worship God is at the feet of Jesus". We worship at the feet of Jesus and the world worships at the feet of idols.



6 comments:

  1. Oh we are his LITTLE children are we not? I often like to think of me as that toddling one year old learning to walk...and my walk with Him is me as a toddler learning to walk. Parents do not scold a one year old when he or she falls down. They run to them and pick them up and dust them off and give them a hug and encourage them to try again...keep going! I see God as doing that for us each time we fall down in our walk with Him. And as a child doesn't know not to touch when told not to and will try anyway...I think God smiles and says no and smacks our hand when He needs to do so-all in love as He patiently waits for us to grow in His nurture and admonition! Hugs to you! Great videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen my wise friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His ways are not our ways or HIS thoughts our thoughts" Isaiah 55:8-9

    That is one of my favorite scriptures...... We have no idea what we need and when we need it. Thank goodness HE does not answer our every prayer. HE is loving and patient and kind. HE allows us to learn as we fail. HE picks us up and encourages us to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edge...... The comment above is mine... I was signed into another blog when I commented. Just wanted to let you know it was me............ and YES I will have lots of pool time now!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that "we worship at the feet of Jesus, the world worships at the feet of idols" so true.. He has us in the palm of His hand...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love finding more Christian women blog.. This blog is beautiful and what a message!
    Love,
    kelly

    http://www.amazingsalvation.com

    ReplyDelete