Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We Used to Live......


"We used to live in..." and "When we lived in..."is something I say a lot. It all depends on who I am talking to and how the conversation goes. Other times I use it as a point of reference to what was going on in our life at the time. We've moved around so much because of my husband's job that there are times when I can be standing in Wally World, for example, and have to really think about where I am.

It's fun to find myself about to go somewhere only to realize "Oh yeah! That was in such and such a place and we don't have that here." When it comes to the USA there's only a few in the North East we haven't seen as well as Hawaii or Alaska. Why we haven't "toured" there? I don' t know but I'll aska. (Groaner! I know!)

When it comes to the people, I would have to say that Tulsa, Oklahoma had some of the friendliest folks I've ever met. When I went shopping, even to the corner store, I would have to allow myself for at least an additional 1/2 hour just to talk with them. The funniest thing I heard someone say to me there was "Why is it that when you want a Salesclerk, they are nowhere to be found and yet, when you don't want one, they're in your butt!". Cracked me up! (Pun intended) Of course, there was also "You want a sack with that?" too.

The city I have lived in with the most character and that will always hold a special place in my heart is Charleston, SC. If you haven't been, it's well worth a special trip. I have nothing but fond memories of that city. I could easily have settled down there too.

With all of the travel and the intense amount of uncertainty we've experienced, I can tell you this, we were never alone and I knew it. The way things always worked out could only be because the Lord went before us and made a way for us to be there. His faithfulness to lead, guide, protect and provide for us is beyond words to describe but definitely real.

I hope my heart will always stay open to live where He wants me to live and not dig my heels into the ground giving Him all the reasons why I couldn't possibly move again. After all, I want to be where He wants me to be because that's where all His blessing for me will be. Yes, I have given up family, really close and good friends and even country to be where He wants me to be but it's been worth it. It doesn't mean it hasn't been easy, stressful or something I wish we didn't have to do at times but if it pleases Him, then why not?

4 comments:

  1. Home is where the heart is...and Jesus lives there! Amen! Oh the Creation Museum is in Kentucky just 1/2 hour from Cincinnati...pics of that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God will always reside in your precious heart my friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most precious thing is, HE is everywhere and while on our journey to THE place where HE wants us to ABIDE, HE travels with us and makes the journey joyful .... I have had such heartache along my journey but during the dark times HE was always there and there were joyful times even on the bumpy road....

    HE watches you....... even standing in the middle of Wally World even when you have no idea of the city that you stand in!

    HE is a WATCHFUL Father..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy I hear these words!
    I do feel like I have "come home" where we live right now. But I have also told God that if this is for a limited time....so be it.
    He is with us where ever we go.....but oh to know you are in the center of His will for your life...that is LIFE.

    ReplyDelete