Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Get Down.....


but He lifts me up again. :) I confess, yesterday was a very emotional day for me. I'm not sure that I can pinpoint exactly what was going on that contributed it but the bottom line is I was extremely wearied. I couldn't take hearing about another separation. I saw a couple videos promoting prevention against child abuse that caused an agony in my soul that was unexplainable. I was heartbroken, furious and then down-right angry at the way the justice system seemed to be headed. It was these and a combination of things going on in my personal life I suppose. I wasn't sure how many more people getting offended over the least little things I could stand anymore. I was to the point where life as a hermit sounded tempting and yet, at the same time, my going-it-alone was getting to me.

I prayed. "Lord, I know that you are in control. I do. But what I really want is to hear from You that You are." Okay, so perhaps not my exact words but very close. It could not have been more than 30 seconds and I think even less when a song came on the Contemporary Christian station. It was "God is in control" by Twila Paris. I knew this was the Lord's reassurance that despite what I was looking and definitely irregardless of what I was feeling/thinking at the moment, He was, is and will always be in control. I have that straight from the Lord and He lifted me back up again. Just keeping it real is all. :)

Just a note: Those are baby ostriches in that picture up above. Our homeschool students thought that someone was on a timeout for not listening but when I look at it in light of this post, I think that pictures shows how I was feeling. I would be that little bird with his/her nose in the corner.

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear one, I am sorry that you are struggling. So glad that we do have a God that can lift us up again. I too love the song "God Is In Control." That CD of Twilas is my personal favorite. A lot of good tunes on it. Dear one I pray that the Lord does comfort you in His arms and raises you up. Thank you for the cute pic. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all get "out of joint" every once in awhile, but He is patient with us and loves us in spite of ourselves. Glad you are lifted up.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great when we can get such a direct reminder sometimes. A little piece of peace from the creator of all things, taking the time to reassure us,

    How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please know that I care my friend, lifting you up in my prayers. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((( hugs ))) I'm feeling a little low tonight -- always get that on Labour Day. D

    ReplyDelete