I would not want to be in this world without the Lord. More than I wouldn't want to be in the world without the Lord, I would not want to be a YOUTH without Jesus in this world. I'm a Fuddy Duddy alright!
I have an account on Facebook. The reason is because it helps me keep up with my family and friends. However, there is such a thing as a picture says a thousand words and some of the things their pictures are saying have broken my heart. If they've broken mine, then how much more the Lord's?
There are pictures I see that I would not want my daughter seeing and they are her cousins and the friends they associate themselves with. I'm saddened by the images that are there. I won't go into detail but I'm sure you've seen pictures like them too. Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah is not that far off. Let's put it that way. The thing that gives me hope though is my conversation with my precious, spirit-filled daughter. She sees it for what it is and has already come up with a plan on how she will deal with it. She's just not going to go there and if folks don't like it, that's their problem. She knows that there could be things put into her drinks that she doesn't want anything to do with so to prevent it, she just won't attend those "wild teen parties". She is, therefore, taught of the Lord, obedient to His will and GREAT is her peace and undisturbed composure. Oh and if they want to beat her up for it, messing with a Martial Artist is never a good idea. She would never go out of her way to hurt anyone but if they tried to hurt her, she can defend herself. I am making sure of that!
May God sweetly bless you and your dear daughter. I love you.
ReplyDeleteKudos to you and V for being "fuddy duddy"....we are also....yeah for us fuddy duddies!!!!
ReplyDeleteDenise,
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. Some photos are shocking and the kids are very young. Brandon is starting high school in the fall and his reasoning is just not to have friends. I'm not sure that is the answer and I told him he would be very lonely. I suggested that he chose his friends carefully instead. He agreed that would be a good idea.
Blessings,
Mary
I know what you mean, I have a facebook account too but some of the stuff I see there is not good. Just keep praying for the lost I guess.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing for you...I pray that your daughter's heart will always be after the Lord.
ReplyDeleteYour beautiful girl has wisdom beyond her years - blessings brought down from God and good parenting. I know what you mean about the FB thing - I have two nieces that are in their early 20's - you could knock me over with a feather when I look at the "party" pictures they post or the sexual comments they say - so being the good aunt that I am - my last comment was - too much information - don't forget your mom, your aunts, your grandma, and your much younger cousins are seeing your posts too... Next thing I know the "sex" comments were down the pictures remained... Oh well...
ReplyDeleteYour intro in this post sounded just like my mom. I'm trying to peek in the computer to see if it is really mom...hello? LOL
ReplyDeleteNo, I do not think you sound like a Fuddy Duddy just because I compared you to my mom. That was actually a compliment. My mom loves the Lord with all her heart and doesn't mind saying so...and obviously, neither do you. Very sweet!
ReplyDelete